Welcome to EYFS
“Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.
TheEarlyYearsFoundationStage(EYFS)setsthestandardsthatallearlyyears providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.”
Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
At Bowmansgreen, we aim to deliver high standards of early education and care and that supports the development of the whole child.
• introduces challenging, engaging and real life problems
• strives to encourage and develop a love of learning
• lets learning happen, within a child centred approach
• provides challenges for all level of learners
• ensures resources and equipment are available to support learning at every stage of development, in every area of the EYFS curriculum
• ensures all areas of learning are regarded with the same level of importance and are interlinked in learning
• includes fundamental British values to teach children a sense of self and belonging, enabling them to learn and stay true to the values that make people good citizens
• ensures that children learn to live together peacefully, with each of them playing a valuable role in the diverse, multi-cultural world in which they live
• includes daily phonics, following Letters and Sounds, with elements of Jolly Phonics, Phonics Play and Supersonic Phonics.