The Bowmansgreen breakfast club is a very popular part of our provision. It is run by Mrs Stanley and her team who provide the best start to the school day for your child.
During these unprecedented times, we are having to make changes and will not, for the foreseeable future, be able to run breakfast club as we have in previous years. We know that our breakfast club is a fantastic start to the day for all pupils who attend and we would usually be encouraging as many families as possible to enjoy this provision. From September, however, we will be asking families to use breakfast club only if they are in urgent need of childcare.
To adhere to DfE guidelines about how to balance and minimise risks from coronavirus, we will be implementing the following control measures:
- A daily limit to the number of places available
- All places must be booked in advance, on a minimum weekly basis
- Booking and payment will be via Schoolcomms – no cash will be taken on the day
- Parents and carers will not be able to enter the dining hall
- Pupils are required to sanitise their hands on entry to breakfast club
- Pupils will be organised into small groups and depending upon numbers and age ranges, directed to activities
Breakfast club will continue to open from 7.30am until 8.20am – drop off must take place by 8.15am. There will be no entry for breakfast club after 8.15am.